Thirty-seven states (as of February 2, 2022) and the District of Columbia have authorized complete, publicly obtainable medical marijuana/hashish packages, whereas 11 states permit using “low THC, excessive cannabidiol (CBD)” merchandise for medical causes in restricted conditions or as a authorized protection. On February 22, 2022, the Kansas Well being Institute (KHI) hosted a digital dialogue about coverage points associated to medical marijuana and in contrast legal guidelines in different states with provisions in two Kansas payments. Tatiana Y. Lin, M.A., and Linda J. Sheppard, J.D., led the dialogue.
KHI supplies associated to this subject are linked beneath:
Exterior assets referenced within the dialogue embrace:
A recording of the session is beneath. To view particular matters from the agenda, transfer the slider to the time listed.
- Introduction: (0:00 on the recording)
- What’s Marijuana? (4:11 on the recording)
- Efficacy and Public Well being Impacts (5:14 on the recording)
- Ballot: For which of the next situations does substantial proof exist to help medical marijuana efficacy? (5:43 on the recording)
- Well being Dangers (8:27 on the recording)
- Potential Public Well being Impacts (8:50 on the recording)
- Medical Marijuana Legal guidelines Throughout the Nation (14:00 on the recording)
- Racial Fairness: States are Targeted on These Points (21:46 on the recording)
- Dialogue: (24:22 on the recording)
- Kansas Medical Marijuana Payments (25:09 on the recording)
- Dialogue (34:34 on the recording)
The Kansas Well being Institute helps efficient policymaking by nonpartisan analysis, training and engagement. KHI believes evidence-based data, goal evaluation and civil dialogue allow coverage leaders to be champions for a more healthy Kansas. Established in 1995 with a multiyear grant from the Kansas Well being Basis, KHI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan instructional group based mostly in Topeka.